As one of the most celebrated but often overlooked wine regions of Italy, Puglia offers visitors a true taste of Italy. The best wines of the region will be your guide on this eight-day trip to a mysterious and enchanting corner of Italy and of the Mediterranean.
Puglia’s most representative wines are red and rose’ wines, however, the region also produces some interesting whites from local grapes. Distinctive tastes are achieved through time-honored methods of winemaking using Moscato of Trani, Verdeca, Malvasia of Salento, Primitivo, Salice Salentino and Negroamaro grapes. These grapes can be seen growing everywhere throughout the region.
During the tour you will stop at different vineyards and will have the chance to sample the flavors that have made this region famous and you will also discover Puglia from its historical, artistic and architectural point of view. Each producer offers different local varietals accompanied by a selection of carefully chosen appetizers made by Puglian artisans from only the freshest ingredients. At a caseificio in Altamura you can watch expert cheese makers create what is truly one of the world’s most delicious foods, while at a bakery you’ll taste some of the best breads of Southern Italy!
The package includes:
- Private Arrival Transfer from Bari’s Palese airport
- 2 Nights at 4-Star Castel Del Monte Park Hotel (Andria)
- 2 Nights at 4-Star Luxury Il Palmento (Locorotondo)
- 3 Nights at 5-Star Luxury Risorgimento Resort (Lecce)
- Private Walking Tour (Castel del Monte and Andria)
- Private Wine Tasting in Andria
- Private Walking Tour & Visit of a wine cellar followed by wine tasting (Trani)
- Private bread and cheese-making demonstrations followed by tastings (Altamura)
- Private hands-on cooking class followed by dinner
- Private Walking Tour and winery visit (Alberobello)
- Private Walking Tour (Locorotondo)
- Private Walking Tour (Ostuni)
- Evening Private Walking Tour (Otranto)
- Private Walking Tour (Brindisi)
- Private Wine Tasting in Cellino San Marco
- Private Walking Tour and wine tasting (Lecce)
- Private visit at an ancient winery and a Negroamaro wine tasting in Salice Salentino
- Private Departure Transfer to Brindisi airport
Please note that in the event one of the listed hotels is not available, it will be replaced by another of equal significance and value.