Select Italy’s Amazing Family Tours are a bonding experience for the whole family! We have created them by teaming up with Alphabet Kids, the go-to source for multicultural educational activities and adventures.
The trip starts in Venice where your hotel is the warm and welcoming 3-star Locanda al Leon. It’s right in the center of town, and when you arrive, a gondola ride will introduce you to the city’s canals and to mesmerizing views of its ancient palazzo. The following day, explore Venice with a private guide in a special guided walking tour designed for children with interactive learning in mind. In the afternoon, get your hands dirty during an informative and fun mask-making workshop. You will learn all about Carnival and its centuries-old traditions, while making your very own mask to take back home with you!
Florence is your next stop — here you will stay at Relais Uffizi, a charming property facing onto the central Piazza della Signoria. Our family-friendly walking tour introduces your children to the birthplace of the Renaissance; they’ll get to climb a 13th century tower and do a yummy gelato tasting, too! No visit to Florence is complete without a face-to-face meeting with Michelangelo’s David. In Italy food is both culture and fun, so get ready for a visit the farmer’s market and your hands-on family cooking class where you will prepare a traditional Tuscan meal.
Last stop is Rome, the Eternal City. Your hotel, the Fontanella Borghese, once belonged to a Borghese princess. A highlight is your visit to one of the world’s the most compelling art spaces: the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel. In the afternoon, it’s time for another hands-on cooking class where you will learn how to make a real pizza just like the Romans do!
If you like this package but prefer to customize it in any way, such as a different style of hotel, additions or subtractions in the number of nights, extensions into other cities, or a change in the number of participants, please call 800-877-1755.
The package includes:
- Private Arrival Transfer (Venice)
- 2 nights at Locanda al Leon (Venice) in a studio loft (Venice)
- 2 nights at the Hotel Relais Uffizi (Florence) in 1 Family Suite
- 2 nights at the Hotel Fontanella Borghese (Rome) in 1 Quadruple Room
- Full-Day Family Friendly Private Walking Tour (Venice)
- Private Gondola Ride (Venice)
- 1 1/2 hour hands-on mask making workshop (Venice)
- Half-Day Family Friendly Private Walking Tour (Florence)
- Reservations and Tickets to the Accademia Gallery (Florence)
- Hands-on cooking class (Florence)
- Half-Day Family Friendly Private Walking Tour (Rome)
- Reservations and Tickets to the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums
- Hands-on pizza making class (Roma)
- Train Tickets (first class with reservation): Venice-Florence, Florence-Rome
- Private Departure Transfer (Rome)
Select Italy’s Vacation Packages are not Escorted Group Tours. Each package is a combination of services and products designed for independent travelers that wish to enjoy the freedom of an un-escorted trip with the convenience and value of a package price. Vacation Packages do not include bus transportation, tour escort or any services not explicitly listed in the “Package Includes” section above.