As the temperatures get cooler and the air crisper, Verona becomes the ideal destination for a romantic escape. The cobblestone streets and stone bridges reflect the warm shades of the autumn sky, creating the perfect setting to visit Romeo and Juliet’s city.
Accommodation will be at the Relais De Charme Il Sogno di Giulietta, a historic palazzo located in the heart of the city, directly overlooking Juliet’s famous balcony. Rich textiles and classic Italian Renaissance décor in every room are the perfect setting for a magical stay in Verona, the lover’s city par excellence. And during the holiday season, you should not miss out on the traditional Christmas market, located just outside your hotel!
The medieval heart of the city will be revealed during the half-day tour with a local English-speaking guide. You will begin by exploring Romeo and Juliet’s houses and then move towards Piazza dei Signori, a small but charming piazza defined by Dante’s imposing statue at its center. Then, a stroll through Piazza delle Erbe reveals the core of Verona’s historic center; this long, rectangular piazza was once the Roman Forum. The tour will conclude with the staple of Verona, the Arena, an ancient amphitheater built in the first century AD and one of the best-preserved examples of Roman architecture extant.
Customize This Package:
- Upgrade to a suite
- Add an exclusive private visit to Allegrini Winery and enjoy a wine tasting and lunch at the historic Villa della Torre
- Add a visit to the UNESCO-listed cities of Mantua or Vicenza
For these and more options please email us or phone 800-877-1755 for a custom quote!
The package includes:
- 2nd Class Train tickets from Milan or Venice to Verona
- 2 night stay at the 5-star Relais De Charme Il Sogno di Giulietta in an elegant standard double room
- Free upgrade to a superior room with balcony on Via Cappello
- Daily breakfast (in room)
- Welcome drink
- Entrance tickets to the main museums (Juliet’s House Museum & Tomb, Arena, Roman Theater, Castelvecchio etc.)
- Privately guided tour of Verona with English-speaking guide