Jewish settlement in Rome goes back to 161 B.C.E. and is considered the oldest Jewish community in the Western world. This itinerary will take you to Rome and Venice and discover its Jewish heritage. The trip begins in Rome with a food tour in the Trastevere area and includes the Jewish Ghetto with Synagogue visit and Campo dei Fiori, along with a private ancient Rome tour with skip the line tickets and a visit to the Vatican from a Jewish perspective. After a high speed train to Venice, you will enjoy a stroll through Venice’s Jewish Ghetto while sipping wine and trying delicious appetizers. Highlights include Cannaregio, known for the 16th century Jewish Ghetto and its modern day shops and restaurants, a private Grand Canal boat tour, and a boat trip to the islands of Murano and Burano, famous for their glass making, lace work, and kaleidoscopic buildings.
The package includes:
- Private transfer from FCO airport to Rome hotel
- 4 nights accommodation at Hotel Mozart in a deluxe room with private balcony
- Private food tour of Rome: Campo dei Fiori, Jewish Ghetto, and Trastevere, 2 ½ hrs.
- Private ancient Rome tour with skip the line tickets, 3 hrs.
- Semi private Jewish Ghetto Tour with Synagogue inside visit, 3 hrs.
- Semi private Vatican tour from Jewish perspective, 3 hrs.
- Private transfer from Rome hotel to Rome train station Termini
- High Speed Frecciarossa train with premium seats to Venice, 4 hrs.
- Private taxi boat to hotel in Venice city center
- 3 nights accommodation at 4 star hotel in Venice city center
- Small group evening Jewish Ghetto stroll with wine and appetizers, 2 ½ hrs.
- Jewish Venice and Cannaregio, 3 hrs.
- Private Grand Canal boat tour, 3 hrs.
- Discover the Gems of the Lagoon – The Islands Murano and Burano, 4 ½ hrs.
- Boat transfer from your hotel in Venice city center to Marco Polo airport
If you like this package but prefer to customize it in any way, such as a different style of hotel, additions or subtractions in the number of nights, extensions to other cities or a change in the number of participants, please send an email to email@example.com or call 800-877-1755.