Enchantment and the odd flash of volcanic fire will be your guides on this 9-day trip to a mysterious and enchanting, sensual corner of Italy and the Mediterranean. You begin in historic Taormina, near one of the world’s most active volcanoes, Mount Etna. Get to know the fashionable city center with your own private guide and wind down your days at the beautiful sandy beach below the city, which can be reached by funicular.
After a journey by land and water, you’ll head to the Aeolian Islands, located just off Sicily’s north coast. A warm turquoise-blue sea, soaring volcanic peaks, fragrant breezes…the Aeolians are the Mediterranean at its most majestic. The tiny but uber-stylish island of Panarea is home to a small population during the off season but in the spring and summer the place comes to life with beachgoers, scuba divers and party people looking for some sophisticated relaxation. The 5-star Hotel Raya is just steps from the water and offers fantastic views to the nearby islands from its pools and terraces.
Next up is the island of Stromboli, home to another of the world’s most active volcanoes. Stromboli is in a constant state of eruption and people have been coming here for years to enjoy therapeutic thermal waters, beautiful volcanic sand beaches and a glimpse of a moody and majestic Mother Nature you don’t see every day. You can enjoy all of the beauties of the island and the comforts of a top-notch hotel at La Sirenetta Park Hotel, the finest on the island.
Your last stop will be the green island of Salina. A magical place that is relatively unknown to foreigners, Salina boasts a lush, pristine landscape that you may recognize as the setting for much of the classic 1994 film Il Postino. Indulge in a luxurious body treatment at your hotel’s spa, shop for local crafts and souvenirs in the charming town of Malfa, and sample the local Malvasia, a delicious variety of sweet white wine produced on Salina. With so much beauty, history and remarkably unspoiled nature, this truly is a part of the world that invites exploration.
The package includes:
- Private transfer from Catania Airport to Taormina Hotel
- 2 Nights at the Villa Sant’Andrea (Taormina)
- Half-Day Private Walking Tour (Taormina)
- Land & Water Transfer from Taormina Hotel to Panarea Port (Private transfer from Taormina Hotel to Milazzo Port and public hydrofoil from Milazzo Port to Panarea Port)
- 2 Nights at the Hotel Raya (Panarea-Aeolian Islands)
- Half-Day Private Boat Excursion (to Basiluzzo) — This can also be a 6 hours boat tour if we want. Same pricing.
- Hydrofil from Panarea Port to Stromboil Port
- 1 Night at La Sirenetta Park Hotel (Stromboli-Aeolian Islands) . The hotel provides transfer from to the Stromboli Port.
- Hydrofil from Stromboli Port to Salina Port
- 2 Nights at the Hotel Signum (Salina-Aeolian Islands)
- Sunset Cruise to Pollara from Salina
- Private transfer from Salina Port to Catania Airport (Public Hydrofil from Salina Port to Milazzo Port and private transfer from Milazzo Port to Catania Airport)
Select Italy’s Vacation Packages are NOT Escorted Group Tours! Each package is a combination of services and products designed for independent travelers that wish to enjoy the freedom of an un-escorted trip with the convenience and value of a package price. Vacation Packages do not include bus transportation, tour escort, or any services not explicitly listed in the “Package Includes” section.