While planning the ideal vacation you can run into some problems. We get it, it can happen to anyone, there are some things you can’t control- that’s life! But here at Select Italy we always want to make sure your Italy vacation is as hassle-free as possible. That’s what we are here for – to guide you with everything and anything Italy. So, we were thinking… how could we help you?
Your Italian travels are extremely important to us and we want you to have the best experience in Italy. Because we are all so passionate about the Bel Paese, assisting you with our love and knowledge to you is only appropriate. We want you to love Italy too!
Having the best Italy trip is essential, so we complied a list of five basic tips to help anyone who is about to travel and the easiest and flawless way plan and enjoy your vacation. With Italy’s 20 regions, it can be difficult to remember where you can see the ‘Last Supper’ (it’s in Milan, not Rome). Or if it is safe to brush your teeth with Italy’s tap water. (Of course it is! But hey, you could always try wine too… ) And if you are really worried about where to find “American” food in Italy- they have McDonalds. Although the taste isn’t completely the same, it still counts.
- Read the description and terms of service carefully. For any service, whether it be accommodation to guided tour make sure you thoroughly read through what you are agreeing to pay for. If you have any questions in advance, just ask! We want to ensure that you are clear on what is expected in case anything goes wrong.
- Follow contact instructions. If you are running late or have to cancel your tour and even if you can’t find your hotel, follow the instructions and contact the correct person immediately. This way we can help you get to where you need to be or are aware of the cancel situation.
- Be honest with your tour guide or driver. If you have the comfort of a private tour guide and driver let them know how you feel. If you think you have spent enough time on the Botticelli and want to move on to the Della Robbia, let them know you can’t stand listening to bits of history that speak of bloody battles or that you personally dislike this topic. Its ok! The guide wants to make your experience as enjoyable as possible and wants to know what they can do to make it better.
- Were you honest with your tour guide or driver and their action wasn’t corrected? Don’t tip! When you tip after a poor service or experience this confuses the service provider; who, thinks that the service was more than satisfactory.
- Of course, if you are happy with your experience, sit back, relax and enjoy the service!
We hope with these steps you will get the most out of your next vacation.
Let us know what great tips you have to get the most out of your vacation!