1. Name and What you do at Select Italy?
My name is Nicole and I am an intern in the Marketing department at the Select Italy Chicago office.
2. What’s your favorite Italian destination?
I have countless favorite destinations but the one place that truly stole my heart is Florence. I lived in this gorgeous city for four months during my university studies. Florence is bursting with beautiful art and history but the delicious food was my favorite part. I still can’t stop thinking about the Pecorino cheese and Chianti!
3. Whom would you go there with?
Florence is really a playground for all ages. I would definitely take my friends with me for apertivo then walk up to Piazzale Michelangelo for a picturesque panorama of Florence while the sun sets. If I were with my family, I would take them to Trattoria Mario for an authentic Italian lunch with an amazing atmosphere. And if they’re up for it, a climb over 400 stairs to the top of The Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore for a breathtaking view of Florence.
4. Which 3 things should never be missing from one’s luggage when traveling to Italy
- You should definitely remember a camera. Italy is magnificent and you wouldn’t want to miss an opportunity to capture a piece of artwork or pose with your gelato!
- Don’t forget your favorite scarf! It’s a great way to fit in with the Italians while being very fashion forward.
- Definitely throw a few travel space-packing bags or vacuum bags into your luggage. After all the souvenirs you will buy in Italy, every little bit counts.
5. What Italian food are you addicted to?
I am without a doubt addicted to Pecorino cheese. While living in the Tuscany region, I don’t think I went a day without a little bit of Pecorino in my life. This sheep’s milk cheese would be the main ingredient on my panino for lunch and my favorite snack in the afternoon. Try it with pear and honey! To die for!
6. Reveal to us a secret about Italy! Food, shop, unique view, restaurant, your favorite T4T… Whatever, we are really curious!
My favorite restaurant in Florence would have to be Ristorante La Giostra. The service, atmosphere, and food provided a wonderful experience. Popular for its homemade pastas, appetizer platter on the house, and Prosecco while you wait, everyone eats happy and leaves happy. But remember to make a reservation, and of course try my favorite, Pecorino cheese and pear pasta.
Do you want to directly ask Nicole something? Leave a comment below and she will reply!