Let’s meet Philip:
1. Name and What do you do at Select Italy?
Philip Kinsella – Coordinator of Accounting Services.
2. What’s your favorite Italian destination?
If you want a break from the busy sightseeing centers of Rome and Florence, then Umbria is the place for its incredible rolling landscapes and colorful sun soaked hill towns. Orvieto, Assisi and the surrounding countryside are great places to start your exploration.
3. Whom would you go there with?
I’ve been to Umbria by myself and with my wife, but some day, I would like to take my parents to see the amazing patchwork landscapes, ancient hill towns and enjoy the culinary feasts of the region.
4. Which 3 things should never be missing from one’s luggage when traveling to Italy?
A cork screw, reusable food utensils (be sure to check them in with your luggage!) and sketch pad. You should always be ready for a picnic if you are wandering in a hill town or taking a day hike in the country.
5. What Italian food are you addicted to?
Where do I begin? In the Autumn months, I really enjoy Arancini, Tuscan soups and hearty artisan breads with olive oil.
6. Reveal to us a secret about Italy! Food, shop, unique view, restaurant, your favorite T4T…Whatever, we are really curious!
One of my favorite dessert wines is Vin Santo, traditional in Tuscany. The first time I tried Vin Santo was with my wife at a small family trattoria in Siena, near Il Campo, where the owner insisted we stay for a dessert wine. It was a memorable night of laughter, music, food and drink.
Have you tried yourself any of the fantastic tips that Philip shared in chat? Leave a comment and let us know!
Read All Expert Advice and Travel Tips