1. Name and what you do at Select Italy?
My name is Misha Medvedev – IT Manager, Web Developer, and Designer. If you happen to curse while surfing through the Select Italy’s website or just can’t get through the checkout to buy your museum tickets – I am the guy you secretly want to get fired. But if you think to yourself “oh, what a nice website” or “man, this site is awesome” – I am the guy to take credits. I am the person in charge of web development at Select Italy.
2. What is your favorite Italian destination?
I just had my first trip to Italy about a month ago. I visited Venice, Milan, Florence and Rome in ten days. It was quite a marathon, but yet I enjoyed every single bit of it. My favorite destination? Tuscany. Does the full-day wine tasting tour have anything to do with my choice? You bet!
3. Whom would you go there with?
My family, friends, friends of friends. Really, anybody who can appreciate the beauty and enjoy breathtaking views of nature scenery.
4. Which 3 things should never be missing from one’s luggage when traveling to Italy?
- A good book that you will never open during your trip, but you still have to take it, right?
- Music has the strongest power to bring up good memories. You will make your trip last for decades if you grab a pair of headphones and your favorite music.
- Still have room in your luggage? Consider taking your passport. This could make your trip a just a little bit smoother.
5. What Italian food are you addicted to?
All food was a little taste of heaven. No matter what city I was in or what kind of restaurant I went to, I was never disappointed. But there were a couple of dishes that were the most memorable. One was a florentine steak in a small steak house in Florence called Angiolino. The size of that most tender, juicy, barely touched by a flame piece of meat seemed to be big enough to feed a pride of lions. So I thought… yet, it disappeared so fast, I almost ordered another one! My second favorite treat I had was located at Trattoria Da Teo located in the Trastevere district in Rome. It was their famous mascarpone desert with wild strawberries. Mmmm.
6. Reveal to us a secret about Italy! Food, shop, unique view, restaurant, your favorite T4T… Whatever, we are really curious!
Trattoria Da Teo in Trastevere was undoubtedly one of the best restaurants I visited during my trip. Hidden from tourists’ eyes this place was definitely one of the locals’ favorite spots. In its charming and most authentic atmosphere I was surrounded by locals and enjoyed the food made by Italians for Italians. Simple, yet the most memorable.
Do you want to ask Misha something? Leave a comment below and he will reply!