1. Name and What you do at Select Italy?
My name is Cinzia, I’m from Milan and currently interning at Select Italy’s Chicago office.
2. What is your favorite Italian destination?
Rome is of course stunning, but I have a thing for the sea and my parents are from Naples, so I prefer the southern part of Italy. I especially love the Costiera Amalfitana (Amalfi Coast), Sorrento, Ischia and Capri. I also like Puglia, the best place to see is Salento and the city of Gallipoli.
3. Whom would you go there with?
Amalfi, Capri and Ischia are very romantic places, so I would go with my boyfriend. But Puglia is a very fun region, especially the Salento part, so you want definitely go there with a lot of friends and have fun!
4. Which 3 things should never be missing from one’s luggage when traveling to Italy?
- A good camera is always essential.
- If you’re going to the enchanting blue sea of Puglia you may find some rocky beaches, so bring a pair of sea shoes and also a scuba mask with a mouthpiece to enjoy the amazing sea bottom.
- Do not overfill your luggage, leave some space for food, recipe books, clothes and accessories!
5. What Italian food are you addicted to?
I have to eat Naples’ buffalo mozzarella at least once a week! The taste is incomparable, there’s nothing better. Luckily there are special carriers that bring the original cheese to the northern part of Italy where I live. I like to eat it with raw ham like San Daniele or Crudo di Parma and Gaeta’s olives.
I also eat Parmigiano Regiano everyday. Irresistible.
6. Reveal to us a secret about Italy! Food, shop, unique view, restaurant, your favorite T4T… Whatever, we are really curious!
If you’re going to Milan don’t miss “Luini!” It is a special place to eat the best “panzerotto fritto” (fried calzone). If you’re looking for something sweet don’t miss Cioccolati Italiani. This magical place gives you the opportunity to fill your gelato cone with melted chocolate (dark or white) before choosing among its unusual and surprising toppings.
If you’re planning to go to Puglia with your friends, try to share a big house by the sea all-together: it will cost less and you will have a lot of fun!
A buffalo mozzarella tip: before eating it place it in a well-shut sack or bag in a bowl full of hot water for five minutes. It will help the cheese melt, becoming gooey and releasing its real taste.
Do you want to directly ask Cinzia something? Leave a comment below and she will reply!