1. Name and what you do at Select Italy?
Hello all, my name is Alice Cattaneo and I am an intern in the Sales and Operations Department at Select Italy’s office in Chicago, IL.
2. What is your favorite Italian destination?
It is hard to say what is my favorite Italian destination, since the Bel Paese has so many beautiful places and spots to discover and visit. Since I love the sea and the beach, I can say that I am totally in love with our enchanting Sardinia Island. It has so many little beaches and “calette” that when you are travelling around the island you just want to explore, relax and swim in those crystalline and turquoise waters and just stop by to admire the romantic sunsets on the sea. I also love the little old towns of the Toscana region, surrounded by the green vast hills. I obviously love another amazing area of Italy, that is Como Lake, where I come from! It is a nice, romantic, suggestive place to visit, with old and picturesque towns directly on the lake, nice walks, good restaurants, and archeological sites to visit.
3. Whom would you go there with?
It depends on the kind of vacation I want to do. Of course Italy is famous for its romantic areas, so I think that visiting the Sardinia Island or the Como Lake with your partner is a nice way to taste the beauties of these areas. At the same time I think that trips with your family or friends are always a good option!
4. Which three things should never be missing from one’s luggage when traveling to Italy?
Well I think that when you are travelling around Italy you have to bring:
1) A guide-book, I cannot travel or visit new places without a good and updated guide that can give you the most useful tips and help.
2) An incredible desire to taste new meals, typical products, and ingredients to completely taste the flavor of Bel Paese.
3) A good camera to take wonderful and breathtaking pictures, even if I believe that the most beautiful “pictures” are the ones you have in your memory.
5. What Italian food are you addicted to?
Oh, I am totally addicted to gelato, I think that I cannot live without it with its soft, delicate and unforgettable flavor… so delicious! Another Italian food I am addicted to is risotto. It is such a simple, but at the same time, delicate food that you cannot but love it! There are different recipes to make a good risotto, my favorite ones are risotto with pumpkin, risotto with radicchio and – it can seem a little weird but yes – … risotto with strawberries!
6. Reveal to us a secret about Italy! Food, shop, unique view, restaurant, your favorite T4T… Whatever we are really curious!
If you love gelato as I do, there is a very good spot in Milan called Cioccolati Italiani. Other amazing gelateria I would suggest is located in the Como Lake area, I have tried many of them and my favorite one is Zoe in Argegno, Como. If you love shopping you cannot avoid going around the fashion streets of Milan with its big and expensive stores! I also suggest to look for some little artisan shops all around the Bel Paese. Then, one last tip, during your stay in Italy do not forget to stop for a moment to relax and simply enjoy one of the amazing sunset and sunshine, maybe with a good glass of Italian wine in your hand, wherever you are in Italy!