1. What is your name and what do you do at Select Italy?
My name is Alessio Coraggio and I’m an intern in the Sales and Operations Department at Select Italy’s office in Chicago, IL.
2. What’s your favorite Italian destination?
It is very difficult for me to say what my favorite Italian destination would be. There are so many beautiful places in Italy I like. My favorite Italian city is Rome, I love the Italian capital! There aren’t other cities like Rome around the world because of its artistic and cultural heritage. Just think about its magnificient squares, the Colosseum, the Altar of the Fatherland, the Vatican museums, it’s simply amazing! I also like Salento because of its weather, its sea and its amazing beaches.
3. With whom would you go there?
Definitely I’d like to take my best friends with me. When I am in Rome I like walking along Trastevere, one of the most beautiful places of the Italian capital where you can enjoy a good drink and have fun all night long.
4. Which 3 things should never be missing from one’s luggage when traveling to Italy?
1. Your smartphone is one of the most important things you should bring when you go on holiday. It can be your best friend in helping you while traveling, and you can use it in so many different situations, such as finding hotels and restaurants.
2. An Italian-English dictionary. If you don’t speak the language, this will help you immensely.
3. Your mp3 player. Music accompanies our life, and I can not imagine a trip without the music I love.
A friendly tip: Italians are very famous worldwide for their gestures when they speak, so on the Web you can find a lot of nice videos and guides about this characteristic that should come in handy!
5. Which Italian food are you addicted to?
I am an unstoppable consumer of pasta! I could eat pasta for lunch and dinner daily. My favorite pasta is Rigatoni alla Norcina, cooked with sausage, cream, salt, pepper and white wine. I also love pasta all’Amatriciana, a typical meal from Lazio cooked with guanciale, olive oil, tomato, pecorino cheese and red pepper.
6. Reveal to us a secret about Italy! Food, shop, unique view, restaurant, your favorite T4T…
I studied in Venice for two years so I know the city very well. It is very famous for its small taverns called “bacari” scattered through the city. My favorite is “La Vedova Ca’ D’Oro”. When you are in the city take a tour of these characteristic taverns where you can eat local food and drink famous italian wines.
A tip for your travel: when you are walking through Venice, walk without a destination, you will be pleasantly surprised by the narrow streets and the small water canals you will encounter on your way.