1. Name and What you do at Select Italy?
My name is Abby and I am a Sales Consultant at the Select Italy Chicago Office.
2. What is your favorite Italian destination?
My heart goes to Milan where I used to live but I think the most beautiful place I have ever seen is il Lago di Como (Lake Como), which lies to the north on the border with Switzerland.
3. Whom would you go there with?
Lake Como and the surrounding areas are so charming and romantic, so I think they are best experienced with someone special.
4. Which 3 things should never be missing from one’s luggage when traveling to Italy?
- Money, because you will want to go shopping (but don’t actually carry it in your suitcase!) A great thing to buy in Italy: sunglasses
- Camera, so you can capture Italy’s unique beauty
- Dictionary, so you can communicate if you don’t know a lot of Italian
5. What Italian food are you addicted to?
I remember three things that I could not get enough of when I was in Italy: Mulino Bianco cookies, caprino goat cheese and risotto giallo (risotto alla Milanese with yellow saffron rice.)
6. Reveal to us a secret about Italy! Food, shop, unique view, restaurant, your favorite T4T… Whatever, we are really curious!
If you are in Milan be sure to visit the Duomo, as it is the largest Gothic cathedral in the world. Take the elevator to the top for a wonderful view of the city; and, on a clear day, you can even see the Alps in the distance. Also, for great risotto alla Milanese, eat at Damm-atra, a restaurant specializing in typical Milanese cuisine, it’s delicious and the portions are enormous!
Do you want to ask Abby something? Leave a comment below and she will reply!